Monday, January 27, 2014

Job Hunting Chronicles

I've been reading stories and journeys about weight loss, house hunting, and home renovations. Yet, I haven't encountered any blog or site who talked about their job hunting experience. I know there might be lots of issues, losses, and failures when you start documenting the journey, but I believe they will motivate you and teach you valuable lessons in life.



OK. Enough of the drama. Haha! It's time for me to share something about my job hunting journey that started this morning.



Question: WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY EMPLOYED?



Seriously, I'm looking for an avenue for learning another skill. Being an OWL member reminded me about proper grammar, word usage, and conversational English. It introduced me to the world of online marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and social media optimization (SMO). Browsing blogs and websites gave me DIY tips which might be helpful sometime in my life. I'm even exposed to the world of blogging - and I've been updating two blogs as of now.



Next, I need additional income. My rate here isn't enough to finance all my expenses and family's needs. It's time to look for greener pasture. (And I hope I can find one immediately.)



So.. here comes part one of my job hunting journey!



My first schedule for exam and interview was at Thomson Reuters, located at McKinley Hill in Taguig City. It was a nice place - a perfect combination of the city and the rural areas.



Their office is awesome. I like the combination of orange and white, plus their comfy and fabulous chairs. The exam was from easy to difficult, leaving all the finance questions in the difficult stage. Some of the terms are new to me. Others were discussed during my four years in college.



My exam scores are good, I guess. One of the HR staff called for a simple interview. She just asked about stuff already written in my resume. Then, she just reminded me to check my email from time to time to see my next schedule of interview.




Well, this part isn't finished. Stay tuned for updates.




And yeah, wish me luck. :)



#FingersCrossed


@xiehabiyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Start a chitchatt! ♥