Friday, February 21, 2014

On Weddings Part 3: Budget-Wise Weddings


Weddings = Big Expenses

This is one of the most important equations that a couple must remember once they decided to get married. They have to spend much of their money for dresses, flowers, rings, and catering services. They should also count the payment for the photographer, reception, and even the donation for the church. They have to spend on invitations. Long list of expenses makes you want to reconsider getting married, right?


A wedding, big or small, requires a budget. Whether we like it or not, we have to allocate some of our savings to have the best wedding ever. It depends on the couple if they'll spend more or the other way around.


I am a fan of expensive weddings. It's nice to see all those fabulous wedding details and reception ideas. But in our society, spending much for a ceremony might not be a wise idea. I might be dreaming of an all-out wedding, I want a perfect real one in a small budget.


Don't be afraid to attend my wedding my dear friends. You won't starve at my reception. Haha! I'll make sure there'll be food for all. ^_^


For those who have a tight budget, read my next tips. I'm not yet married (and not even considering marriage by this time), but I'm sure these tips will be bit of help for your budgeting problems.


1. Use all the available resources that you have.

If you have lots of cameras out there and a family member/friend who's good at photography, then use those resources rather than hiring a professional photographer. You can just search the internet for ideas on pre-nuptial photo shoots. You can also instruct him/her/them on the angles that you want during the wedding and the reception.


If you have a family member/friend who can cook great dishes, why not ask for their services than hire a catering company? Spend less, right?


Ask your family members/friends about your make up, flower arrangement, and table settings. For sure they learned something about these during their high school days.

Let your wedding be a family affair by assigning certain tasks to those who want to get involved. It won't only cut your expenses, it'll also be your family's bonding moments.





2. Limit your guests

You don't have to invite the whole city for your wedding. You can limit your guests to your immediate family and very close friends. Though, there's no harm in inviting more people, it's budget-wise to limit the people.


Well, I believe this is where invitations will be very useful. Make sure you have enough space, favors, and food for every person who received your invitation. Always imagine them bringing another person or two for their company. It's always advisable to adjust a bit more, but don't overdo it to prevent wastage.




3. Finalize your plan.

The bride-to-be will definitely have lots of things in her minds, and it's really hard to compress it in your tight budget. You can ask the help of your newly-wed friends or family members. Make sure they're married for a span of 2 years and below. It's best to look into their expenses when the gap isn't really big.



Finalize your plan - the venue, the resources that you have, and the invitations. Well, don't forget to finalize your wedding date! Make sure all those people who are part of your entourage can come on that said date.








Hmm. Much have been said, right? I hope you got some ideas on how to make a budget-wise wedding. If you might ask, I'll be doing some of these, especially the first tip. I'm sure my fiance will find a way in giving me the best wedding ever. (I just need to find my fiance first! Haha!)


#Huntress



Follow me on Twitter: @huntressAyin447

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Start a chitchatt! ♥